This spring break we braved the horrible weather and headed to Seattle. Paul's birthday happened to fall on a Thursday so he took Thursday and Friday off of work and we headed north. Thursday night we got a room near Seattle with a great pool for the kids to swim. I think the pool is always the highlight of trips for the kids. We, or I, spent a sleepless night with all of us squished into one room and Friday morning we explored Seattle. I grew up in Washington but we always headed south to Portland to do shopping and adventures since it was on the way to my grandparents house in Corvallis. So I had never done all the Seattle sight seeing. Our first stop was the Space Needle. Darcy held my hand in a death grip on the elevator but was OK once we were on top. Bree though decided to throw a 2 year old fit the entire time we were there, and Paul ended up taking her out of the gift shop once the entire store was focused on our toddler writhing and screaming on the ground. Thanks Bree, you always make it an adventure. As you can see by our coats it was pretty cold and wet but the downpours held off for the most part till we were walking back to our car at the end of the day.
From the Space Needle we rode the Monorail to near the Pike Place Market. That was fun. We saw lots of people, held on tightly to our purses and wallets, and even got to see a few fish being tossed. I'm not sure the kids appreciated the market but I liked it. We rode the monorail back to our car and headed home as the heavens opened up and the rain poured. It was a short vacation but with the attitudes and the rain I think we accomplished all just about any of us could stand. I hope we have some better weather and some better kids when we attempt San Francisco in August!

No comments:
Post a Comment