Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy Easter!

This Easter was the same as previous Easters.  We all met at my parents' house and acted like a bunch of crazy people, ate good food, and had fun visiting with cousins and siblings.  This year I guess I put myself in charge and my sister and I came up with a fun game to decide who got to go through the food line first.  I found a hair catcher and some goggles, and Samantha threw in a souvenir Bobby hat from London.  We made the oldest male representative from each family sit in a chair with all this stuff on while their family members threw marshmallows at them, trying to collect as many in the hair catcher as possible.  It was pretty funny and most of the guys were good sports, till we got Paul, who started chucking the marshmallows back at us!  Needless to say, our family ate last!
We were able to get a picture of all 20 grandkids with the grandparents this year.  Unfortunately, number 21 is due in July and missed out on the picture.  Next year I guess, though some of the cousins are getting older and starting off on their own.  This might be as good as it gets.
These 4 cuties are all within 19 months of each other, with Darcy and Bree the bookends.  They have lots of fun together.
Mason and Paul are always partners for the egg toss, though I use the term "toss" lightly.  They line up at the end where no one is watching and then roll the egg back and forth!  Mason won the egg drop off of the garage roof this year.  He had his egg stuffed in a cloth hand puppet, which was then stuffed in a bean bag.  There was nothing the droppers could do to make that egg break!  Great thinking Mase!  After the party we stopped by for a short visit with Paul's mom and then we headed home to get to bed so the Easter Bunny could come!  Ooohhhh!  Exciting!
We actually decorated the eggs on Thursday so we would have them ready for Saturday night since we usually don't get home from the party till late.  The kids had fun this year and I think they were all participating, which may be the first time that has happened.  Bree is such a big girl now she can do all the fun things the big kids do!
Darcy was in mass production mode.  She would drop in an egg, leave it a few seconds, take it out and then move on to the next one.  She had fun though, that's what counts.
 Bree was not awake at 6am like the other kids so she missed out on the kids picture and the egg hunt.  I figured it was best to let sleeping dogs lie.  She woke up later and Drew and Mason hid some eggs for her to find all by herself.  I think we all had a good time, and Bree was so into the whole Easter spirit she marched right to the front of the chapel with her siblings during Sacrament meeting at church that afternoon and had no idea what she was doing there but stood with a smile on her face as the Primary sang an Easter song.  She is only in Nursery so technically she shouldn't have been up there but she would have had a meltdown if I had tried to get her down so once agian, I let the sleeping dog lie.  Oh Breezy, how I love you!  Thankfully the candy season is now officially over and the weather is getting nicer so I can start running again without sabotaging my efforts with junk.
I'm not sure Bree was ready to get up even when we let her sleep in.  She still looks pretty sleepy!

No comments: