Wednesday, May 2, 2012

T-Ball Time!

After a year of respite, we are back on the t-ball field.  This time its Mason's turn to show his stuff.  So far so good!  As wild and crazy as this kid is at home, we have been extremely pleased with the way he controls himself while out in public.  He is on a team of 10 boys, which can get a bit crazy at times, but he is usually attentive to his coaches and his mind is in the game when he is out there.  I am relieved that he is able to do this.  I always get good reports from teachers about how well he behaves but this is the first time I have witnessed it out in public.  He is kind of a Jekyll and Hyde type of guy.  Luckily society gets the Jekyll side of him.  I shouldn't be so hard on him, he is an awesome, sweet, loving guy and I am so blessed to have him as my one and only son!
So far he is doing fine in the field, though we need to practice a bit on his throwing technique.  It cracks me up to watch the boys take forever to throw because they have to actually think through the process step-by-step before the ball is released.  He is getting better though.
He loves playing catcher.  Drew hated it, though I think it was because she was swimming in the gear.  Mason is much larger than Drew was when she played and he does just fine.
What a cutie!  I am having fun watching him play and I believe he is having fun playing.  I guess the craziness has now officially begun now that we have two kids involved in extra-curricular activities.  I decided to start swimming lessons this week so we now have most of our evenings taken up with activities.  Fun times!

No comments: