Monday, May 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Drew!



8 years old!  When did that happen?  It feels like yesterday Drew was a screaming newborn and I was wondering why I had ruined my life by having a baby.  Little did I know while in the throes of post-partum depression that the sweet baby I was holding would grow up into such a beautiful, kind, intelligent young lady.  My Drewsy!  I am enjoying watching Drew grow up, but at times I wish I could just freeze her where she is, before hormones and attitude kick in and she no longer wants to hang out with me or counts me as her favorite person in the world.  At least I think she does!  Its tough being a mom.  This year her tastes have changed just a bit.  She asked for a giraffe cake instead of hippo like usual, and she now says yellow is her favorite color.  She still loves rice and apples, and loves to create all kind of art.  She just lost her top front tooth, for a total of 4 lost now, but refuses to pull that other one out.  Losing teeth is not her favorite thing to do.  She still likes to read and she loves the trampoline.  Drew has been an amazing blessing to our family.  She is the perfect oldest child, always willing to help the younger kids and willingly gives up what is asked of her in order to keep peace.  She is such a nice, caring girl and I am so glad she is mine forever!  Love you Drew!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

She IS such an awesome kid!! Happy Birthday, Drew!