Mason had a difficult time cleaning and carving his pumpkin this year because if his cast. I think I ended up doing it all but he still claimed it as his. Darcy had fun scooping the guts but Bree seems to be a bit of a scaredy cat and didn't want anything to do with it. She watched us all work on ours instead.
The finished product! I don't know why Mason insisted on the silly face in this picture. Maybe he didn't want us to mistake him for a pumpkin since he has two holes in his face from missing teeth too.
Bree brought Nemo back to life this year. I think all 3 of the girls wore this costume. I will be sad next year when I realize it will never be worn again. Its just too cute.
Mason as Captain America. Remember he chose a red cast to match his costume but we were able to cover it completely with the sleeve and glove, which was fortunate since it was a bit wet at times that night.
Drew was the spider queen again this year. We'll have to come up with something new next year.
We bought Darcy a Minnie Mouse costume and then she found this spider costume in a bag of old costumes. She wouldn't take it off. She even wore it to her preschool party. She's about the cutest spider I've ever seen!
The crew ready to beg for candy.
Here they are knocking on doors. Boy were they surprised when Santa Claus opened the door and handed out candy canes! Isn't he supposed to be in the North Pole right now making toys?
Here is Mason with his candy haul. We got quite a bit at trunk-or-treat and then knocking on doors. My policy is they can eat whatever they want whenever they want, as long as they still eat their 3 meals a day. I don't know that I've ever heard of anyone dying from a candy overdose and my kids regulate it very well so I don't worry about it. We end up sending about half of it to work with Paul anyway to share with co-workers. They get the gross stuff like lemon heads and twizzlers. So now its on to the wonderful holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas, and all the lovely family drama they are sure to drum up. Its the most wonderful time of the year!
No comments:
Post a Comment