Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Beavers in the Big House


Look at this traitor!  He's an OSU grad and he's sporting enemy colors!  Actually, I'm thrilled Paul is a Michigan fan.  It was just that much more of a reason for the two of us to leave our kids and fly to Michigan for the Oregon State/Michigan football game in the Big House in September.  Now I have loved Michigan since The Fab 5 and Chris Webber, which then piqued my interest in their football team too.  It was just an added bonus that this amazing guy I married happened to be the son of a U of M grad, who cultivated a love of the school in his children.  So it was a no brainer when they announced a few years ago that the Beavers would play in the most iconic college football stadium, The Big House, that Paul and Tiffiny would be in attendance.  Paul has some really wonderful family who lives in the area, and who traveled to attend the game too, making it a family reunion.  It was so much fun.  Aunt Merrie and Uncle Arnie prepared a tailgate breakfast for us and everything.  We had such a great time visiting with family on top of going to the game.  Paul's brother Roland and sister Carmen also made the trip and we all four shared a hotel room.  It was pretty fun to be hanging out with the siblings, what a fun group.  Paul and I arrived late Friday night and I flew home early Sunday morning where Paul's other sister, Alloa, was staying with our kids.  He and his siblings stayed till Tuesday, visiting the family farm and other relatives in northern Michigan, along with a visit to the Michigan State campus where Roland "found" some "souvenir" MSU food service aprons.  Pretty sure they had a great time together.  They are all such fun-loving people.  But back to the game!  It was so awesome!  The first quarter the Beavs were actually ahead and I was thinking we might actually be able to pull off the win.  HA!  We ended up being blown out 7-35 but I had a blast anyway.  I will probably never be surrounded by 101,000 people again.  What a great memory and I am so thankful we were able to attend.  Cross that off my bucket list!  It sure has gotten smaller in 2015.  Its been the year of entertainment for our family.  And oh yah!  While we were waiting for the bus to take us back to our hotel after the game I convinced a security guard to let us in to the Crisler Cenrter so I could see where my favorite basketball team of all time (except for the Beavs of course) played.  It was so cool to be there.  I was giddy.  Paul was probably wondering just who he married at that point.  What an amazing trip!
 

No comments: