Summer of 2015 was the summer of sports camps for the kids. Mason started it off with the Derek Anderson football camp the day after school got out. It was hot but fun and he got to meet Derek Anderson, a former Beaver and Scappoose graduate. That was fun for mom! It was Mason's first taste of football and I was so happy he enjoyed it since we already broke the bank signing him up for tackle football in the fall.
The week after school got out all three girls attended Oregon State Women's basketball camp at OSU. This was a tough camp for Drew. She graduated up to the 6-9th grade group and she was playing against some very big, very skilled girls. It hurt my heart the first day to see my tiny little Drewsy out there among those aggressive trees! I'm not sure she had the time of her life, but it was a good learning experience for her. I guess. She did get some one on one coaching from the OSU head coach, Scott Ruek. He was teaching her how to dribble between her legs. Pretty cool! Darcy and Bree also went to camp and had fun in their age group. Bree spent most of the time trying to learn how to dribble, but really just chasing the ball around the gym. I think her favorite part was probably getting dressed up like a real baller with the headband and everything. Darcy was totally into it. She was one of the oldest in her age group and she was probably ready to move up to the next one where they really start to play basketball. Next year I guess. It was a fun week full of Beavers and basketball. We met a few of the players and got autographs. I plan on taking at least Drew to see the Beavers take on the iconic Tennessee women's team at Gill Coliseum in December. Should be awesome!
Darcy and Bree also took 2 sessions of swimming lessons over the summer. I don't need the kids to be professional swimmers but I do want them to be able to take care of themselves in the water. I think the oldest three are there but I'm not quite ready to call Bree self-sufficient yet but she has fun trying.
No comments:
Post a Comment