Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Its Potty Time!

 Its that time again . . . time to potty train!  Bree has been ready for a few months but I was very reluctant to start since we are still having so many problems with Darcy.  I just wasn't mentally ready to take it.  Then 2 weeks ago Darcy's psychologist and I thought it was time for Darcy to lose the Pull-Ups and go to undies only, and she has to clean herself up now.  We were hoping that would be the game changer and she would poop in the toilet but so far all it has accomplished is me getting very familiar with the "sanitary" setting on my washing machine.  I decided the same day we made the change with Darcy I would start training Bree too.  I didn't want to prolong the agony so I found about 3 days in a row without major committments and went for it.  The first day we had 5 accidents and then magically 2 successes that evening!  The next day was a big improvement and now, not even 2 weeks later, I would call her potty trained when it comes to pee.  She even keeps herself dry at night and during naps!  And this was all without having to bribe her with anything!  Whoopee!  Way to go Bree!  #2 hasn't happened yet on the toilet, and I am soooooo afraid I have another Darcy on my hands.  I don't know what it is with these girls and pooping on the toilet but I can't put up with it much longer.  I want to leave this dirty business behind and move on to big kids.  I am very proud of Bree's efforts and I will admit that I just LOVE her little buns in her little undies.  Too cute!

No comments: