Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Weekend

Last Thursday I flew to Salt Lake City, alone, to visit with family, see a football game, and have some Tiff time.  My wonderful Aunt Debbie passed away after a 9 year battle with a brain tumor and the main reason for my trip was to attend her memorial service.  Aunt Debbie was the best!  She was beautiful both inside and out.  She had long, thick, straight, black hair that was the envy of all us little girls with curly blonde hair.  If there was one word to describe her is was peaceful.  Every time she entered a room she brought a sense of peace with her.  Though we lived far apart and I hadn't seen her in years as an adult, I will always have wonderful memories of her and she will be sorely missed by the entire family.  Her service was nice, with lots of family together and lots of love expressed for her.  I enjoyed spending time with my cousins again, though the circumstances were not the best.  The service was on Friday evening and then Saturday 20 of us family members all went to the OSU-BYU football game.  They just happened to be in town on the same weekend as the service, and since my cousins grew up in Utah but vacationed every summer in Corvallis, they all wanted to go to the game.  They were all dressed in both OSU and BYU gear, but I think by the end of the game they had all realized they were rooting for BYU.  Too bad their team lost!  It was a great game in a great stadium with great atmosphere.  OSU is a bunch of backwoods hicks I discoverd.  After the game we did some more visiting and then I stayed with my best BYU bud (except for Jodi of course ;)) till I flew home on Monday morning.  It was nice to get to spend time with Nat and be Tiffiny again and not Mom.  I think it was Friday morning when I was talking to Paul and he said he was already sick of his name (dad) being said.  Welcome to my world!  There are times when if I hear the word mom just one more time I will scream!  Paul did an amazing job with the kids, more than surviving the weekend.  I came home to a clean house, clean kids, and stories of their adventure catching a mouse in the house.  Glad I missed that one.  I felt rejuvinated and ready to get back into potty training and life in general when 2 hours after I got home I received a call from the school.  But that's a story for the next post.