Bree is 4! All of a sudden she is a grown up kid, no longer a toddler but a preschooler! Wow, time really did fly. I miss my babies but I sure do enjoy having big kids that can take care of themselves now. No more diaper bags, no more snacks at church, she dresses herself in fits of independence, potties alone, and I don't have to worry about her getting into things she shouldn't anymore. Its so freeing! I love having big kids! At times Bree still likes to act like a baby and says she doesn't want to be a big girl, but I think she will change her tune once she sees what being 4 has in store for her. She gets to start school in the fall and that is her dream! Along with peeing on a tree but we took care of that at the park the other day :)
Miss Bree has attitude for days, but her obedience is improving. She rarely tests us anymore with a "NO!" and she pitches in when we need her too. She is an avid drawer and her artwork is quite impressive for her age. She is interested in the alphabet and putting letters together, though they never spell anything. She is able to have real conversations and some of the things she comes up with crack me up. She is my sweet Breezy and such a blessing to our family.
For her birthday Bree wanted a Rapunzel cake with a tower so I did my best. I originally tried to make the tower out of rice crispy treats but the top was too heavy and the base kept falling apart. So I frosted a toilet paper roll as the base and used the rice crispy top. She loved it which is all that mattered. She got a pink Rapunzel comforter for her bed, Rapunzel wall stickers for her room, a box of pink legos, and Frozen pj's. She was a happy girl! I get a bit stressed about her birthdays because she gets so excited and hyped up for them the day after Christmas so I don't want to let all that excitement down a month later. I think we did well this year though. I am excited to watch Bree grow and learn and experience all the new things in store for her now that she is 4.
Frozen pj's! She wears these 24/7.
Me and my "baby!"
No comments:
Post a Comment