It was dubbed Snowmageddon 2014. Thursday morning I was exercising with Jillian Michaels and I looked out the window at 9am and flakes started to fall. 8 hours later after non-stop snow we had 10 inches! It was fine, dry powder because the temps were in the low 20's so it wasn't good for building. The kids came home from school early Thursday and school was cancelled until a late start on Tuesday. By then, we had received probably 6 more inches of heavier, wet snow but the tape measure was stuck at 10 inches. It must have compacted the lighter stuff as it fell. Towards the end the snow was better for building snowmen and tunnels. The kids had a great time in it but I appreciate the snow storms that last 1 day and are gone the next. When all of a sudden my kids are stuck home from school it throws me off my schedule and makes me irritable. I'm OK with summer break because they are supposed to be home and I am prepared. Church was cancelled on Sunday so by Monday as snow was turning into mush we braved the roads and went to McDonalds for a much needed break from the house. We survived and hope to not see any more snow this winter!
Drew and Darcy made an attempt at Olaf from "Frozen."
Drew and Mason made a tunnel out of the huge bluff we made shoveling out the driveway. They weren't allowed to go in it unless I was out there with them and no cars were on the road. I caught quite a few curious neighborhood kids crawling through the tunnel when they thought no one was looking. I didn't mind, I just wanted them all to be safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment