Darcy received her Certificate of Recognition from her teacher for having a great attitude and being a hard worker. We are so proud of Darcy and how hard she is working both at school and on herself. She is reading like a pro and is into learning about anything and everything. She LOVES school and wishes she could go all day like Drew and Mason. Me too :) Kindergarten is not my favorite year, time-wise. Picking a kid up from school everyday at 10:30 doesn't leave much time before or after for grocery shopping or running errands out of town, but this is the last year we'll deal with that. When Bree goes to kindergarten it will be all day. I'm sad about that now but ask me again in two years and I will probably love it. Darcy is working hard on self improvements too. I love her self-awareness. She came to me the other day to let me know she was working on not saying bad words (a habit I didn't even know she had), not sucking her thumb anymore (she leaves her ducky blankie in her bed now so she won't be tempted to snuggle with it and suck her thumb during the day), and she is working hard on staying dry at night too, though that isn't working as well as the others, unfortunately. She is one strong little person and I have a ton of admiration for my sweet Darcy. I can't wait to see what she accomplishes as an adult.
No comments:
Post a Comment