My wonderful mother-in-law suffered a heart attack yesterday. This crazy woman, and I mean that in the kindest sense of the word, drove herself to the hospital! The doctors first tried a procedure to insert a stint but it didn't work. So this morning she underwent a quadruple bypass on her heart. She came out of surgery with a good prognosis. I am a bit sketchy on the details since I am 2 hours away, but things are looking good and she should be home from the hospital in a week. Paul and his siblings have been at her side for the past two days, watching over her, praying for her, and just letting her know they care. They are a great bunch of siblings and they are a good example to me of how to band together in times of crisis. I didn't pack up my kids to be there because 1) I'm not sure she would ever be awake to visit with them, 2) My poor Drew has been in enough situations watching people she loves suffer and I didn't want to put her through that again, and 3) I'm not sure the ICU would appreciate my 4 and 2 year olds and their 6 month old sister with all their energy contained in such a small place. Hopefully Grandma can feel our love and prayers for her over the miles and understand why we aren't there right now. We will probably be spending the next few weekends at her side, helping in any way we can, so if you don't see us around for the next few weeks, you will know the reason why.
Update as of 9:30am Jan 30: Emma hasn't recovered as quickly or as well as the doctors would like so it looks as though she will be moved to a nursing home facility after she is released from the hospital to have continuous care till she is strong enough to go home. We are headed south to visit her today and to spell the other family members who have been on duty this past week.
8 comments:
I'm glad that Paul can be with his mom. And I think you're right -- three small kids in an ICU is a recipe for disaster. We will keep her in our prayers!
Tiff...sorry to hear this news. We are hoping and praying for a quick recovery for your mother-n-law. Love to you.
I'm so sorry to hear this, I sure hope she is okay. Keep me updated and let me know what I can do to help you guys out, remember I'm only a phonecall away!
I hope Paul's Mom has a speedy recovery! I'm sure she can feel your love from here.
I remember when my mom had her heart surgery - it was hard - she is doing great now - my prayers are with you guys and I know with all the love showed her she will recover quickly!
Oh No! I am glad to hear that her surgery went well, my prayers are with you and all of the family--What a wonderful woman, i hope she makes a quick recovery.
Scary. I hope her recovery goes well. How wonderful that Paul and his siblings could be there.
Oh that is scary! I hope Paul is dealing with it okay. It's never fun to see someone you love in a hospital or nursing home.
Post a Comment